Seattle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center
We provide training to health care providers in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington on the prevention, diagnosis, management, and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases.
Our education and training programs are specifically designed for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, laboratorians, health educators, and other health care professionals. Clinical and laboratory training programs include in-person lectures and didactic courses, hands-on clinical and laboratory experience, clinical consultation on all aspects of managing patient care, and Internet-based training and educational resources.
Our primary course offerings include: STD Update for Clinicians with Optional Clinical Practicum; Ask, Screen, Intervene: Incorporating HIV Prevention into the Medical Care of Persons Living with HIV; Essential STD Exam Skills; Microscopic Exam of Vaginal Fluids; Venipuncture Techniques. Visit the Upcoming Classes page for the current listing.
Tweets by @SeattlePTC
Limited tuition scholarships are available for our courses. Please call to inquire: 206-685-9850 Learn More
Register Now: "Webinar: Diagnosis and Management of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea" Online (December 10, 2013) Learn More
Register Now: "Update on The Management of STDs and HIV Prevention 2014" in Seattle, WA (January 29-30, 2014) Learn More
Register Now: "Ask, Screen, Intervene: Incorporating HIV Prevention into the Medical Care of Persons Living with HIV" in Spokane, WA (February 3, 2014) Learn More
Register Now: "Essential STD Exam Skills" in Seattle, WA (February 19-20, 2014) Learn More
Register Now: "Ask, Screen, Intervene: Incorporating HIV Prevention into the Medical Care of Persons Living with HIV" in Seattle, WA (March 10, 2014) Learn More
Register Now: "STD Update with Optional Clinical Practicum" in Spokane, WA (March 17-18, 2014) Learn More
Register Now: "Venipuncture Techniques" in Seattle, WA (April 4, 2014) Learn More
In addition to offering Courses, we also help you keep up-to-date with Online Resources and Webinars:
- "AARTH & NWAETC: 2013 HIV/AIDS Webinar Training Series" - Free online registration - Oct 8th through Dec 4th, 2013
- Archived Webinar Now Online: "The Affordable Care Act and Tuberculosis Control: Navigating New Territory" - August 23, 2013
- Archived Webinar Now Online: NIHCM-NCC Webinar - "Adolescents and STDs: A Call to Action for Providers and Health Plans" - July 24, 2013
- STD Treatment (Tx) Guidelines - Now as a Mobile App for Apple and Android
- NNPTC Online STD Cases Series - All cases are now live at www.STDCases.org
- The Practitioner's Handbook for the Management of Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2013 is now live at www.STDHandbook.org
- CDC STD Surveillance 2011 data released (Dec 2012)
- AIDSVu: an interactive online map depicting the HIV epidemic in the U.S.
- Prevention With Positives: Resource Center for Prevention with Persons Living with HIV
- NNPTC's Examination of Vaginal Wet Preps training video now availble online