2 Day STD Update for Clinicians with Optional Clinical Practicum
This 2-day didactic STD Update course provides participants with training in the most recent advancements in the epidemiology, diagnosis, and management of viral & bacterial STDs. This course is designed for clinicians practicing in Idaho. An optional 2-day clinical practicum is available to participants who complete this Update.
- Key Highlights of Recent STD Diagnosis and Treatment – Jeanne Marrazzo, MD, MPH
- Biomedical Prevention of HIV & STD – Jeanne Marrazzo, MD, MPH
- Genital Herpes – Christine Johnston, MD, MPH
- STDs in Adolescents: Special Concerns – Robert Lehman, MD
- Update on Vaginal Health – Hillary Liss, MD
- What’s New in Contraception and Reproductive Health – Lisa Callegari, MD
- Update on Chronic Hepatitis C – John Scott, MD, MSc
- Chlamydia & Gonorrhea – Devika Singh, MD, MPH
- Human Papillomavirus – Sue Szabo, PA-C
- Syphilis: Refresher & Update – Sue Szabo, PA-C
- Genital Dermatology – Sue Szabo, PA-C
Course participants will learn how to:
√ Describe the latest clinical and lab diagnostic and testing procedures for the infections covered.
√ List the current recommended treatments, follow-up, and prevention messages for the sexually transmitted infections covered.
Pre-enrollment by Sept 10th is required.
Limited travel and tuition scholarships are available. Please call to inquire: 206-685-9850
Hotel rooms, dinner meals, and parking fees are not covered in the registration fee and are the participants’ responsibility. Lunch and a Continental breakfast will be provided each day.
Continuing Medical & Nursing Education Credit
Continuing Medical Education: The University of Washington School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Washington School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education: A certificate for up to 13.8 hours, of which 8.7 hours are in pharmacology at the advanced practice level, and will be awarded for completing all course activities, a pre/post test and an evaluation.
- Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing (UWCNE) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Psychologists: UWCNE qualifies as a CE program sponsor under WAC 246-924.240(1).
- Social Workers and Counselors: UWCNE qualifies as a Washington State CE program sponsor under WAC 246-809.610.
- Other Disciplines: A contact hour certificate will be awarded for use in documenting completion of this continuing education activity.