Ask, Screen, Intervene: Incorporating HIV Prevention into the Medical Care of Persons Living with HIV
ASI is designed to enhance clinicians’ efforts to incorporate HIV prevention into the medical care of persons living with HIV.
Friday, March 01, 2013
8 am – 12:15 pm
This training (which includes refreshments) and Continuing Education Credits are free of charge, but pre-registration is required.
3.75 CMEs free | 3.7 Nursing Contact Hours free | 0.4 CEUs free
- Effective screening for behavioral HIV transmission risk factors
- Delivering universal prevention messages
- Providing tailored prevention interventions
- The importance of Partner Services in the care of patients
Achieve These Objectives:
- Outline a correct approach for screening for STDs
- Address patient misconceptions about HIV transmission
- Provide brief behavioral interventions and referrals for more intensive interventions
- Initiate discussion of the five partner referral options with patients
CME: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and National Network of Prevention Training Centers. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Continuing Education designated for Non-Physicians: Non-physicians will receive a certificate of participation. CNE: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This activity provides 3.7 contact hours. IACET CEU: The CDC has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. The CDC is authorized by IACET to offer 0.4 ANSI/IACET CEU's for this program.